Stunning 3-bedroom conversion in a tiny Cotswolds village; a real home from home
This former farrier shop, turned Scandi minimalist cabin, is as far as you can imagine from your typical Cotswolds cottage. An architect-led conversion has restored and exposed the old brick walls, then cleverly segued into a modern extension clad in charred Siberian Larch. Inside, a suspended walkway acts as an upstairs corridor between the bedrooms and allows for a double-height ceiling in the old workspace; a captivating structural element. Crisp white walls and 50s-style furniture perfectly balance the old and new.
But whilst the house looks magazine-worthy, it’s very much a home, with a superb kitchen, woodburner, Spotify and board games. There are 3 bedrooms, making it perfect for a bigger family or multi-generational holiday, and the kitchen table doubles up as a ping-pong pitch. The biggest surprise, however, awaits in the garden: a hot tub. Incongruous? Slightly. Icing on the cake? Definitely!
Getting here: best to drive
A recent renovation, so by design it is well insulated with a fantastic energy rating. Eco-friendly toiletries and cleaning products.
- Local pub The Royal Oak is a 5-minute walk, with a lovely beer garden and a tennis court! There are racquets at the house; great for keeping the kids entertained while you have a drink.
- There’s stunning walking in the surrounding countryside; you’ll find maps in the house.
- Hike to the top of Cleeve Hill for panoramic views from the highest point in the Cotswolds. Challenge kids to find The Ring, believed to be an ancient village or settlement nestled into the hill.
- Pretty Winchcombe is 2 miles away, with centuries-old cottages, brilliant independents and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Visit the ruins, rooms and award-winning gardens of Sudeley Castle, the final resting place of Katherine Parr, Henry VIII’s 6th wife.
- Ride the heritage Gloucestershire Warwickshire Steam Railway to enjoy beautiful Cotswolds’ views as you puff along.
- Explore the Gothic remains of Hailes Abbey (and get your Insta fix by posing under the beautiful arches during golden hour).