A bijou-beautiful apartment for 2 overlooking the town and water
** Brand new**
You’ll spend most of your time in this beautiful loft apartment gazing out of the window. At the river down below, the expansive panorama of sky, and the medieval citadel of Rye across the water. Tudor buildings are wrapped in ivy and ancient pubs line the picturesque cobblestone streets; if it weren’t for the boutique shops and quirky cafes, you’d swear you’d stepped back in time. Whilst mock portholes and seagrass rugs create a chic, nautical ambiance, a palette of blues, greys and pinks keep things bang on trend, as do those gorgeous bar stools. Your Insta will thank you for visiting. It’s an easy 15-minute wander to the nature reserve and beach, or just fling open the windows to take deep breaths of salty-fresh air and hear the seagulls call. Just being here will rejuvenate you.
Getting here: drive, or come by train and walk (8 mins)
No single-use plastics. The Nespresso pods are recycled. Gas and electricity provided by Green Energy.
- Stroll around Rye’s cobblestone streets and admire the perfectly-preserved Tudor buildings. The famous Mermaid Street is the oldest in town; stop at The Mermaid Inn for dinner or a pint.
- The town’s full of brilliant little independent shops and excellent eateries. The owners recommend Landgate Bistro for a romantic dinner, and swear that the hot chocolate at Knoops café is a world best.
- Hire paddleboards and spend an afternoon gliding down the River Rother.
- Visit Rye Harbour Nature Reserve with your camera; thousands of different animal species live in the mosaic of salt marsh, saline lagoon and reedbeds, including wild seals.
- Rent bikes (or ebikes) and zip over to Camber to admire the ancient castle and laze on the beach. It can get windy in winter but it’s glorious for sea swimming year-round.
- Treat yourselves to a wine tasting at Chapel Down, Gusbourne or Tillingham Wines. Who said daytime drinking can’t be sophisticated?!