Charming 3-bedroom house in a peaceful Cotswolds village (2 doubles, 1 twin)
If, like us, you often wonder what it’d be like to live in a beautiful Cotwolds village, here’s your chance to try it out. Peaceful little Oddington sits serenely in a green river valley – one of the region’s best-kept secrets – and as you let yourself in through the front door, this stylish house feels so homely that it’s easy to pretend that you live here. There’s a cosy sitting room, warmed by a woodburner, board games waiting in the cupboard. A lovely vaulted kitchen with an Aga and scrubbed-pine table for sociable meals. Hugely comfortable bedrooms and White Company bathrobes so you can pad downstairs for your morning espresso without getting dressed first. It’s all very easy.
Spend your days walking in the surrounding countryside (footpaths weave past your door), or explore the local villages and towns: idyllic Kingham, golden Broadway and Stow. Should you want good food, you’re completely spoilt, with a great gastro pub up the road (The Fox) and Soho Farmhouse 10 minutes in a taxi. Or just stock up on organic meat and garden produce at Daylesford Organics and keep playing house.
Getting here: train to Kingham then taxi (10 mins) or drive.
- Walk straight out into stunning countryside, or drive to some of the famous Cotswolds’ routes such as the unspoilt d’arcy Dalton Way.
- Stroll to Kingham, an absolute gem of a village, with elegant 17thC thatched cottages. The Daylesford Empire is based here, their Organics Farm Shop selling artisan cheeses, organic venison, rose harissa olives and award-winning sourdough. Plan ahead and you could do one of their cooking courses.
- The Bamford Haybarn Spa is also in Kingham; we love the sound of an indulgent day package with facials, massage and meditation.
- Other beautiful villages nearby include Broadway (quintessentially Cotswolds, with an immaculate village green and a Capability Brown folly); Snowshill (a very pretty National Trust manor); Stow on the Wold (antiques and a wonderful old bookstore) and Chipping Campden (seek out the wool seller in the old market for great-value sheepkins).
- It’s a 10-minute drive to Soho Farmhouse for its spectacular spa and Japanese restaurant Pen Yen. Bring wellies and go for a wander around the beautiful grounds.
- The area’s full of fabulous gastro pubs; The Fox (seasonal British food) is on your doorstep, or try The Wild Rabbit in Kingham (fine dining) or the Wheatsheaf Inn in Northleach (a Kate Moss favourite).
- Families will love Cotswolds Wildlife Park – white rhinos, leopards and lions – amidst magnificent parkland) and BirdLand, where you can see flamingos and kookaburras, and hand-feed colourful parrots.