Your privacy is extremely important to us. If you have any questions or suggestions about data or privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website is owned and operated by KIP HIDEAWAYS LTD, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 11867005. Our registered address is Rayens Cross Road, Long Ashton, Bristol, BS41 9DZ, UK.When we say ‘KIP’ or ‘KIP HIDEAWAYS’ we mean the website (kiphideaways.com) operated by KIP HIDEAWAYS LTD.
For the purpose of General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR” (the Act), the data controller is Liz Crutchlow.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, and when you report a problem with our site.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information you give to us and the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Information we receive from other sources: We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any direct payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We will do our best to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting and other providers to collect information regarding visitor behaviour and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. Google Analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
KIP may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Away does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application that they interact with. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
KIP may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by Third Parties for any number of purposes.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 180 days.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes we make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page.