- For full access to the hideaways. Non-members can view the site, but they’re blocked from the good stuff! Join, and we’ll reveal the hidden elements of each listing: our review, the property’s real name, location, a full set of photos, live availability calendar, member reviews, and a direct link to the owner’s website (or an enquiry email form if they don’t have a website, or use another company for bookings).
- You can then book direct with the owners, so you’re guaranteed the best price.
- We don’t charge a service / booking fee, unlike some other sites.
- In fact, we don’t charge you – we reward you! You’ll get a secret Kip gift at most places you stay.
- You’ll get access to Kip Kitchen, and discounts on some of our favourite brands.
- We run members-only promotions with our Hideaways (eg 3 nights for the price of 2)
- You’ll become part of the Kip Community, with access to our secret members-only content.
- And every time someone pays to be a member, we’ll plant a tree in a worldwide scheme to offset carbon emissions in the fight against climate change.
So how much is it?
Just £10 a year or £1.99 a month (rolling subscriptions), for a whole host of travel inspiration, member-perks and insider knowledge. Plus our guidance if you need it.
Who are you?
We’re industry experts who’ve worked in boutique travel for years – read all About Us. We know exactly what elevates a property from good to remarkable. Our standards are sky-high.
How do you discover and choose the hideaways?
Some through a lot of investigation; others via personal recommendations from people we really trust. We cherry-pick our favourites from literally thousands of properties, then read as much as we can about each hideaway on the web so we can be sure they have consistently amazing feedback from trusted sources. That’s our starting point before we even consider adding them to Kip.
Have you visited them all?
Not quite yet; we’re working our way round. But we’ve done masses of research to ensure they are as special as they sound, and we’ve chatted to our owners at length.
And rest assured no one pays their way onto the site – we only feature places we’d genuinely love to stay at on our own holidays.
Any other benefits to me?
The feel-good knowledge that you’re supporting small businesses. When these tiny rentals are featured by bigger conglomerate websites, they have to pay a slice of commission for each booking. We’d prefer them to just pay us one (relatively small) fee a year to feature them, and sink the rest of the money back into their own business.
What are your Covid-19 policies?
All bookings are direct with the owners, so you’d need to ask them about their individual policies for flexible bookings and potential cancellation.
Please also be aware that our owners are working incredibly hard to follow the government’s Covid-19 cleaning regulations to ensure your stays are risk-free. In return, we’d ask that you really respect properties’ rules and guidelines when you stay. You’ll likely be asked to leave doors and windows open when you leave.
Are any of your properties dog friendly?
Yes, lots are. Here’s the list.
How do I pause or cancel my membership?
Memberships are rolling subscriptions. You can cancel or pause your subscription at any time by logging into your account area, clicking ‘subscriptions’ in the top navigation and then choosing either ‘update’, ‘change plan’ or ‘cancel’ from the options. We’re constantly adding new properties so we’d recommend you pause rather than cancel ?.
Is there a cooling-off period?
No — we deliberately offer a ‘£1.99 a month membership’ so you can try Kip out and see if it’s right for you.
What if I pay to sign up and there’s no availability for my preferred dates?
The membership fee is solely to access the members-only content, including direct booking information. Think of us an online guidebook to secret hideaways. We simply show live availability to help you choose, and in general we’d recommend planning trips in advance as Kip properties are the very best rentals in the UK, so they’re unlikely to be available last minute.
What’s to stop me just trawling the web to find the properties?
Nothing. We know some people will do that rather than pay. But Kip is all about removing the legwork from your holiday planning, and making things simple and quick. And some of our hideaways don’t even have websites so it could take you a while!