- To get full access to the hideaways. Non-members can view the site, but they’re blocked from the good stuff! Join, and we’ll reveal the hidden elements of each listing: the property’s real name, location, a full set of photos, live availability calendar, member reviews, and a direct link to the owner’s website (or an enquiry email form if they don’t have a website, or use another company for bookings).
- You can then book direct with the owners, so you’re guaranteed the best price.
- We don’t charge a service / booking fee, unlike some other sites.
- In fact, we don’t charge you – we reward you! You’ll get a secret Kip gift at most places you stay.
- You’ll also get access to our exclusive offers.
- And be first to know about new properties we’re adding.
- Plus discounts on some of our favourite brands.
- And every time someone pays to be a member, we’ll plant a tree in a worldwide scheme to offset carbon emissions in the fight against climate change.
- Finally, you’ll become part of the Kip Community, with access to our secret members-only content and community pages, where you can share experiences and travel tips.
So how much is it?
Just £10 a year or £1.99 for 30 days (pay as you go), for a whole host of travel inspiration, member-perks and insider knowledge. Plus our guidance if you need it.
Who are you?
We’re industry experts who’ve worked in boutique travel for years – read all About Us. We know exactly what elevates a property from good to remarkable. Our standards are sky-high.
How do you discover and choose the hideaways?
Some through a lot of investigation; others via personal recommendations from people we really trust. We cherry-pick our favourites from literally thousands of properties, then read as much as we can about each hideaway on the web so we can be sure they have consistently amazing feedback from trusted sources. That’s our starting point before we even consider adding them to Kip.
Have you visited them all?
Not quite yet; we’re working our way round. But we’ve done masses of research to ensure they are as special as they sound, and we’ve chatted to our owners at length.
And rest assured no one pays their way onto the site – we only feature places we’d genuinely love to stay at on our own holidays.
Any other benefits to me?
The feel-good knowledge that you’re supporting small businesses. When these tiny rentals are featured by bigger conglomerate websites, they have to pay a slice of commission for each booking. We’d prefer them to just pay us one (relatively small) fee a year to feature them, and sink the rest of the money back into their own business.
What’s to stop me just trawling the web to find the properties?
Nothing. We know some people will do that rather than pay. But Kip is all about removing the legwork from your holiday planning, and making things simple and quick. And some of our hideaways don’t even have websites so it could take you a while!
Is there a free trial period?
Sorry – you missed the boat!
Anyone who joined during 2019 was rewarded with free membership for their first year. If that was you, at the end of that year we’ll charge your card £10 a year, or £1.99 for the first month (pay as you go) unless you cancel.