- To save yourself hours! We’ve spent months researching and choosing only the very best places. No dross or endless listings to trawl through.
- Plus they’re all great value, with prices starting at £85/night for a 1-bedder.
- For full access to the hideaways. Non-members can view the site, but they’re blocked from the good stuff! Join, and we’ll reveal our review, the property’s real name and location, a full set of photos, their live availability calendar, member reviews, and a direct link to the owner’s website (or an enquiry email form if they don’t have a website, or use another company for bookings).
- You can then book direct with the owners, so you’re guaranteed the best price.
- We don’t charge a service / booking fee, often hidden on the giant sites. These can be up to 3x our annual fee for one booking!
- In fact, we don’t charge you – we reward you! You’ll get a secret Kip gift at most places you stay.
- You’ll get access to Kip Kitchen, and discounts on some of our favourite indy brands.
- We run members-only promotions with our Hideaways (eg 3 nights for the price of 2)
- And every time someone joins as an annual member, we’ll donate 2% of the fee to Heal Rewilding, an inspirational charity rewilding nature-depleted land near towns and cities across England.
So how much is it?
Just £19 a year or £3.99 a month (rolling subscriptions), for a whole host of travel inspiration, member-perks and insider knowledge. Plus our guidance if you need it.
Who are you?
We’re industry experts who’ve worked in boutique travel for years – read all About Us. We know exactly what elevates a property from good to remarkable. Our standards are extremely high.
How do you discover and choose the hideaways?
Some through a lot of investigation; others via personal recommendations from people we really trust. We cherry-pick our favourites from literally thousands of properties, then read as much as we can about each hideaway on the web so we can be sure they have consistently amazing feedback from trusted sources. That’s our starting point before we even consider adding them to Kip.
Any other benefits to me?
The feel-good knowledge that you’re supporting small businesses. When these tiny rentals are featured by bigger conglomerate websites, they have to pay a slice of commission for each booking. We’d prefer them to just pay us one (relatively small) fee a year to feature them, and sink the rest of the money back into their own business.
What are the cancellation policies?
All bookings are direct with the owners so you’d need to ask them about their individual policies for flexible bookings and potential cancellation.
How do I pause or cancel my membership?
Memberships are rolling subscriptions. You can cancel or pause your subscription at any time by logging into your account area, clicking ‘subscriptions’ in the top navigation and then choosing either ‘pause’, ‘update’, ‘change plan’ or ‘cancel’ from the options. We’re constantly adding new properties so we’d recommend you pause rather than cancel.
Is there a cooling-off period?
No — we deliberately offer a ‘£3.99 a month membership’ so you can try Kip out and see if it’s right for you.
What if I pay to sign up and there’s no availability for my preferred dates?
The membership fee is solely to access the members-only content, including direct booking information. Think of us an online guidebook to secret hideaways. We simply show live availability to help you choose, and in general we’d recommend planning trips in advance as Kip properties are the very best rentals in the UK, so they’re unlikely to be available last minute.
Why can’t you stay for just 1 night?
Because cleaning costs are so high. If these small businesses did a daily turnaround they wouldn’t make any profit. Hotels have multiple rooms so their margins are bigger.
Do I need travel insurance?
We always advise taking out travel insurance — for any stay, no matter how short — so that you can claim back your money in the event of cancellation for events beyond anyone’s control (be that Covid, Force Majeure etc). We appreciate it’s a faff but it protects everyone involved.