A seriously beautiful cottage-for-2, with lots of luxe and a great location
Sleeps 2 + baby
When the former art director of a huge fashion brand decides to fully revamp an old flint cottage, you know it’s going to be amazing. But the end result has proved even better than the dream. Hidden in a tiny countryside hamlet between 2 pretty villages, this formerly “rundown and twee” little house has been completely re-wrapped in gorgeous boutique style and luxe detail. White Company robes, St Kitts Herbery toiletries, a rolltop bath, Nespresso, even a pair of Dutch bikes for the famous Camel Trail, which winds nearby.
It’s a very glamorous set-up for a romantic stay. But all who visit praise the owner’s personal touches even more highly. The homemade bread and scones she bakes for your arrival. The secret beach she points you to. You’ll get the inside track to North Cornwall’s hidden highlights and can explore them at your leisure, whether you want to taste award-winning local wines or devour a cream tea at the Snails Pace Café. Or do nothing! If there was ever a place to just hole up for the weekend and reminisce over old LPs, with the woodburner lit, this is the one.
- You’re right by the famous Camel Trail, 18 miles of countryside and woodland tracks that are mostly traffic free. Cycle to pretty Padstow for fish and chips at Rick Stein’s, or Wadebridge to watch birds dart across the estuary.
- Though Trebarwith Strand and Polzeath are close, there’s a beautiful secret beach just 8 miles away (all will be revealed when you arrive). If you time your visit right, you’ll be the first to walk along it at low tide.
- Cycle to the award-winning Camel Valley vineyard for tastings – then weave your way home!
- Walk past wild ponies on Bodmin Moor, the largest area of ‘outstanding natural beauty’ in Cornwall. Climb Rough Tor or Brown Willy for stunning panoramic views.
- Foodies will love the St Tudy Inn, a fine dining pub and restaurant in a pretty nearby village. Or taxi to Nathan Outlaw’s amazing restaurants in Port Isaac (8 miles).
- Pencarrow House & Gardens is 3 miles away, a grand Georgian mansion steeped in history, with glorious gardens and woodland.